Founded and published an epicurean lifestyle magazine for Los Angeles.
• Responsible for all aspects of starting a business and running the day-to-day operations.
- Managed a 9-person team comprised of editors, photographers, designers, writers and account managers.
- Recruited an editorial executive from Condé Nast and a sales director from Los Angeles Magazine.
• Developed a product for an unmet consumer segment of the magazine industry.
- Identified the strengths and weaknesses of indirect competitors (Zagat, Gourmet, etc).
- Produced the editorial view, visual layouts and production specifications.
• Handled the publication’s business development and marketing needs.
- Increased circulation to 20k by establishing a distribution network consisting of over 500 newsstands, supermarkets and bookstore chains.
- Reduced printing costs 40% by traveling to China to find alternative printing solutions.